Privacy matters but it can be confusing. This page explains our approach to privacy on all our websites and how it affects you.
- If you sign up with us we take great care to keep your information safe and we’ll never share it with others without your express permission.
- If you have signed up we may combine information you’ve given us upon signing up (like email address or CRM ID) with analytics information from your visits to our website.
- We never share your data with 3rd parties except to help us deliver our own services.
- We collect anonymous statistics about all our website visitors, like which of our pages they viewed.
- Some 3rd parties like Facebook and Twitter may know you visited this website if you use their services. We can’t control them but we don’t believe this knowledge poses any threat to you.
These are just the key points. If you need detail, keep reading.
Measuring our visitors and the EU Cookie Law
In May 2011 the EU passed a directive often referred to as the Cookie Law. This law requires that consent is required to place cookies on your browser. In Finland as you can see here the law is in effect. Valid consent can be signalled through a browser. That means you may remove cookies via your browser or tell your browser not to record cookies if you so wish. In order to make that easier for you should you wish to do so we have given instructions on this page.
We measure visitors to our website using Google Analytics, VisualWebsite Optimizer and some other tools we test from time to time. We use a tag management system called Ensighten to deliver the anonymous data to the various tools. These tools record what pages you view within our site, how you arrived at our site and some basic information about your computer. All of that information is anonymous – so we don’t know who you are; just that somebody visited our site. The information we collect from analytics helps us understand what parts of our sites are doing well, how people arrive at our site and so on. Like most websites, we use this information to make our website better.
Opting out of this tracking for whatever reason is possible.
- You can learn more about Google Analytics or opt out if you wish.
- If you want to opt out of Visual Website Optimizer simply click this link http://www.quru-analytics.com?vwo_opt_out=1 (this will reload our site without tracking via Visual Website Optimizer)
Facebook, Twitter and other social networks
These services provide social buttons and similar features which we use on our website – such as the “Like” and “Tweet” buttons. To do so we embed code that they provide and we do not control ourselves.
To function their buttons generally know if you’re logged in; for example Facebook use this to say “x of your friends like this”. We do not have any access to that information, nor can we control how those networks use it. Social networks therefore could know that you’re viewing this website, if you use their services (that isn’t to say they do, but their policies may change).
As our website is remarkably inoffensive we imagine this is not a concern for most users.
Basecamp project management and CRM storage
We use these services to project manage, store and hold project related details in secure and password protected environments. This eases communication between our consultants and your staff plus other project teams that might be involved with the cases we’re working on. We’re very confident of the security of this service that is trusted by over 200,000 companies worldwide. If you want to find out more about Basecamp’s security you can find out more here: http://37signals.com/security.
If you do not want us to use Basecamp with your projects or be included in our CRM system please tell your account manager.
If you sign up for a service
When you sign up for any of our services – paid or otherwise – we will record specific personal information about you, such as your name and email address. We will also collect and store information about your use of our services so as to improve them. For example, we keep a log of what features are being used at any time. We also log account and transaction history for accounting purposes, and to monitor our business activities.
We may send you email notifications regarding your service (such as invoices) or which you have specifically requested (such as newsletters or notifications when a report is completed) or email informing you about products and services. You have the ability to opt out of any of this communication at any time by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have opted in to Quru’s newsletter or are a customer, we may combine information you have provided through registration, or communications with us, with analytics data from your device. We analyse this data with our other visitors so we are better able to understand how our visitors, customers and subscribers use Quru’s website.
We will never provide your personal information or email address to any third parties except where they are specifically employed to help deliver our own services, as detailed above.
Quru take many precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
These precautions include:
- Use of SSL encryption for sensitive data
- Hardware stored in secured data centres
- All access to information restricted by password and/or secure key
- Restrictions to what information can be accessed via any location
Whilst we take great care to ensure any confidential information remains protected we cannot guarantee the security of data stored by trusted 3rd parties.
Updates to this policy